- IF the driveway meets the criteria for a linear feature (≥2m wide and ≥ 25 m2, THEN map it as a GROUP = transportation, TYPE = 02 (tr02) feature (road).
- IF the feature is not a linear feature or is < 25 m2, THEN aggregate the feature as part of the house or other building structure feature.
- IF driveways are ≥ 25 m2 but are not linear and are not attached to houses: Map and classify as GROUP = other sealed, TYPE = 04 (os04).
- When long linear features serve as a driveway for several houses, and these are not through streets (see Figure 1 at right). Map these as GROUP = transportation (road) features. Attached to these features may be houses and some smaller driveways that may or may not be large enough to map separately.
- IF the feature is < 25 m2, THEN do not map it: merge these with the larger surrounding feature. These features are not large enough to map separately.
- IF a small driveway feature is linear and > 25 m2, then map as tr02.
- IF a small driveway feature is not linear and >25 m2:
- IF adjacent to or within 5 m of the buildings (separated by non-sealed cover;
i.e. soft features) THEN map as part of the house feature.
- IF the feature is separated by > 5 m of non-sealed cover from the house, THEN
map and classify as os04.