We have moved! Please visit us at ANTHROECOLOGY.ORG. This website is for archival purposes only.


Nov 12 2010

Good as new...well almost.

This week I focused on rebuilding the Hexakopter that crashed while trying to fly the "trifecta" camera setup. It involved switching out the three bent arms and replacing them. I used the arms from yet another crash victim from the same day as the scanning camera test. The hardest part wast not removing the arms but resoldering the wires but not being able to move the brushless controllers as much as I would have liked. There are still some minor things that I noticed today that need to be fixed such as the led strip has a loose connection, and not all the props are on. However even with these minor repairs, it still should be able to fly when needed.

On a side note, I think it would be best if we did not clip the motor wires and other connection wires short. This way, in the future we have easier access to the underside of the brushless controllers allowing for faster repairs.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus